When you plan to start a business, no matter where, you must work on finding correct information about the business climate in the area and in the state in general.
Recent statistics about the states with the best economies in the US place Colorado in a very good position – among the top 3. Many industries are thriving and adding to the overall national economy, not to mention that Colorado has many good specialists in economy, who contribute to the present business climate.
There is a current push for green and high-tech jobs, also jobs in the HVAC industry offering repair services on walk in cooler and other refrigeration equipment, and Colorado proves to be a good place when it comes to access to capital and technology & innovation. However, the state received only an average score on business friendliness and workforce, due to the local business tax climate.
The most significant economic sectors in Colorado are:
- Tourism – this state is full of great holiday destinations for every season
- Constructions – this industry has grown exponentially since 2008 and currently faces a shortage in workforce. Most construction companies are permanently looking for qualified workers and are willing to increase their pay, by adding insurance and other bonuses.
- Manufacturing – although not as significant as it used to be, this sector is still one of the drivers of the state`s economy
- Mining (natural gas, coal, oil)
- Food and agriculture –Colorado’s agriculture generates a significant percentage of the overall revenue and some new reports show that farming in this state becomes more and more appealing to people.
Original Post here: The Colorado Business and building Climate
If you are looking for a good and reliable technician for your team, you must take some time and prepare a comprehensive job interview for the applicants. The interview should have several sections with questions related to different aspects:
- Theoretical questions, involving specific terminology and focus on the customer service. Examples:
- What is the difference between air conditioning and comfort cooling?
- What is central air system and why is it different from a heat pump?
- Do you have experience with the installation of a commercial refrigerator or cooler?
- What is a CAV system?
- What is a VAV system?
- Can you explain the reason for using a compressor in refrigeration?
- What is dual duct system?
- What is air-water (hydronic) system?
- What is vapor compression cycle and how does it work?
- What is auto refrigeration?
- How does a refrigerant compressor work?
- Do you know the reason why the capacity of an air conditioner is measured in tons?
- What is BTU?
- What is CFM & infiltration?
- As a HVAC technician, what are your main job duties?
- Do you know the types of air conditioning systems?
- What is the purpose of an AHU?
- What is an air conditioner condenser?
- Questions asked to reveal details about the background of the prospective employees (education, skills, experience, previous jobs…)
- Questions about the future (career, financial expectations)
- Questions about personal qualities, strengths/weakness etc.
Originally Posted over here: Great questions to ask an HVAC job applicant
Everyone needs the services of a good electrician now and then, considering that electrical problems involve high risks and are definitely not the DIY type. An electrician is generally responsible for all services related to electrical maintenance in a homes, institutions etc. If you want to hire one, you must know what qualities to look for in order to get quality and safety.
The most important qualities of an electrician refer to:
- Adequate training and experience
Qualification through education requires studies and exams that will make an electrician more capable than he was before, which is no different for a licensed Denver commercial HVAC technician either. An experienced electrician knows how to deal with an electrical problem and find the best solution to fix it.
- Certification and license obtained from accredited institutions
- A good reputation
Reputation translates into good references and recommendations from previous clients or employers. If the electrician belongs to a company, you will also have to check the company`s reputation.
Honesty is one of the best qualities of any professional. Unfortunately, there are many electricians who are so focused on earning money that they may overlook the quality of the services that they must perform. Good electricians are honest throughout the entire project, providing fair price estimates, as well as guarantees for their work.
- Safety and precaution
When hiring an electrician, make sure that he is appropriately insured and willing to provide you with proof and details about this.
First Seen on: Essential Qualities of a Good Contractors
Colorado currently offers a great business environment, which attracts big companies in most industries, including technology and innovation, aerospace and defense.
Statistics from this year show that top industries in Colorado include scientific, technical and professional services, leisure and hospitality, health and social assistance, as well as trade, transportation, and utilities. Some of the jobs include certified Denver commercial refrigeration repair technicians, licensed electricians, and so many more skilled labor jobs.
The unemployment rate in the state of Colorado is around 4%, which is lower than the national average, so the things are looking good. The state also has many professional organizations, training centers, industry associations and other support centers that make finding a job or establishing a career easier. The job opportunities and the quality of life are the two main factors that attract so many people to Colorado.
Other significant rankings from 2017
Denver comes second in the top of the best cities to start a career. The state of Colorado is in the fifth position in the top of the best states for job growth and ranks 1st as the most innovative state; it also ranks fourth among the best states to start a business and sixth in the top of the highest new business birth rates.
Originally Posted on: The Colorado job market: top industries, unemployment rates and other rankings
The HVAC industry has two main categories: residential and commercial. Professionals in residential HVAC work in people`s apartments, houses etc., while those in commercial HVAC serve companies, factories, office buildings etc. The two categories are similar in some ways, but also different in other ways.
People who want to find a job in a superb Denver commercial heating and cooling company quickly must know that breaking in this category typically requires a certain level of initial education including a license to handle refrigerant, also continuing education, an apprenticeship program or a few years of experience; these requirements are often higher than those for entering the residential part of the HVAC industry. This is because being hired by a company often means dealing with a significant amount of HVAC equipment; the systems are larger and more complicated, therefore hiring standards are higher.
On the other hand, the working schedule tends to be more stable for professionals in commercial HVAC, considering that emergencies are rarely noticed after business hours.
Candidates for a job in the commercial HVAC industry must be ready to prove their skills in working with different kinds of systems and custom installation, as well as with building managers that may be more demanding than homeowners.
Article Source right here: Pointers for finding a job in commercial HVAC
Every reputable company that invests in its image is constantly looking for the best possible employees. When it comes to HVAC workers, they must be qualified and trained so that they have knowledge of technical data, systems and controls, knowledge in repair of a walk in cooler refrigeration system and are familiar with the HVAC equipment, have good communication and customer service skills, are capable to employ various troubleshooting procedures, show interest in advanced training and have knowledge of all the codes in the HVAC industry.
For companies, it is often very challenging to find good workers, but not impossible; they key is to take into account several factors:
- Do not recruit only when you are in desperate need for workers. Keep your eyes open and be ready to add a good employee to your team when you find him
- There are many sources that you can use for recruiting – and you should really use them all: word of mouth, internet, media… If you have several candidates and must select only some of them, be sure to screen them carefully and prepare the right questions for the interview. You can even have the candidates go through more than one interview, just to have a well-rounded view of them in the end. Look for the candidates at work, check their level of experience and versatility, verify their credentials and make sure they have good references.
Originally Posted on: Hiring tips for HVAC companies
Colorado is one of the states that are a constant presence in the tops for job growth and development of various industries. The construction industry makes no exception, especially because Colorado also has one of the fastest rates of population growth in the US. There are quality jobs in commercial air conditioning repair in Denver, you can be sure of it.
Besides the fact that Colorado is expected to continue to offer very good working opportunities for construction workers, there are some other current trends that will continue in 2018.
- The construction industry will keep suffering from the shortage of qualified labor. This is the negative side about population growth: the demands are higher than the possibilities, especially that lots of qualified workers have left the industry during the recession and never came back. Recent statistics show that there were more than 100,000 unfilled jobs in construction, during 2017 and construction companies will keep encounter difficulties in recruiting workers, especially when it comes to skilled craft labor.
- Apartment building frenzy will persist in 2018, especially in Denver metro area. There are already many projects started that will be continued in 2018, from affordable to luxurious and extravagant flats, for people with all kind of needs and budgets moving into big cities, looking for better work. In the same time, multi-family unit construction is expected to slow down.
- Specialists also estimate reduced property costs, in the years to come.
First Seen right here: Trends In The Colorado Construction Industry